Master Thesis: Discrete Event Simulation model
Mobility is changing - and Veoneer is a part of driving this change towards safe mobility solutions.
You will have access to exciting and emerging technologies. We focus on your professional and technical growth within advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS) and collaborative driving. We empower our teams to move technology forward in this fast-paced and challenging industry.
Are you ready to contribute to this change? Veoneer has around 7,500 purpose-driven employees in 11 countries around the world - come join Veoneer as we lead the way in Creating Trust in Mobility.
Field: Industrial Engineering
Our production line within SMT consists of several different steps (laser etching, application of solder paste, component placing, oven, buffers etc.) with individual cycle times. We seek to use DES model for optimize production flow and improve KPI.
- Collect data and analyze statistical distribution of cycle times, time in buffers etc.
- Build and validate a DES model of entire SMT production line
- Analyze key factors such as WIP, bottle neck(s) and theoretical maximum output
- Describe clear improvement areas (actual performance vs maximum theoretical performance)
- Increase OEE
- Lower WIP
- Get a more solid knowledge base for further improvements within the SMT area
- How to perform a DES project from start to end (data collection, modeling, analysis, improvement ideas)
- Funneling down ideas to tangible improvement actions
Number of student(s): 2
Student background: Automation, Production Engineering
Extent: 30 credits (Master)
Start: Spring 2022
Contact information: For more information about, please contact,
Recruiting Manager, David Lennermo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date: 2021-10-31, applications will be evaluated continuously.
Are you ready to Create Trust in Mobility?