Imagine yourself working with cutting-edge technologies — like vision systems, radar, lidar, thermal sensing, electronic controls, and human-machine interface — developed to prevent traffic incidents from happening and mitigate the effect when accidents are unavoidable. Challenging and deeply satisfying.
At Veoneer our people are purpose-driven and curious. We are pioneers who thrive in response to the new and exciting challenges we face at the forefront of technology. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional everyday development and growth.
What you'll do?
As a Vehicle Application Engineer will be part of the Concept and validation team within Veoneer research. The team ensures that cameras and other sensors in Veoneer's test and demonstration vehicles are set up appropriately to be able to run tests and preparing them for data collection assignments around the world. The role includes working hands on with installing and calibrating cameras, reference sensors and measurement equipment.
In the role you cooperate and share experiences and knowledge with team members on a daily basis, as well as collaborating intensely with internal stakeholders, in order to ensure we deliver a great product to our end customers.
Responsibilities for the work role includes:
- Setup of cameras and other sensors in test- and demo-vehicles to run functional tests as well to prepare them for data collection
- Ensuring Veoneer cameras (and other sensors) can communicate properly with vehicles internal system (writing gateway code)
- Performing software updates in vehicles, including execution of sanity check tests
- Educate test drivers in setting up and using sensors and measurement systems
- Working off-site at test grounds or at customer facilities (in Sweden and abroad) to make vehicles ready for tests and demonstrations
Who we're looking for:
At Veoneer, we value a can-do attitude, engagement, an open mindset and the ability to create and sustain good relationships with customers and colleagues.
We are searching for you who are creative in terms of new ideas and methods. You take responsibility and initiatives, and are able to adapt in different contexts.
By being organized and proactive you act quickly to the needs of the organization with high quality. You share knowledge and best practice with colleagues and organization, and you posses good communication skills.
The Veoneer organization is full of various expertise, both globally and locally. By using your network, both inside and outside of the organization, you actively seek new information and improvements.
At Veoneer, it's all about Trust, so it's important for us that you respect and follow standards, deadlines and agreements.
To be successful in this position, we believe that you have:
- Have a passion for cars and technology, enjoy hands on in the garage as well as in front of the computer.
- Drivers license
- Good skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written
- Experience of working with electronics as well as computer programming
- University degree in Engineering, Computer science, Electronics or similar work experience
Your first months at Veoneer:
Getting comfortable in a new job and new environment is a process that involves several steps. At Veoneer, newly hired employees are introduced to an onboarding program. The program aim to provide new employees with a good foundation for their entire Veoneer journey and a successful start. Within the program, new employees are also assigned a mentor to guide you through your first six month.
What we offer:
- A workplace characterized by entrepreneurial mindset, and a "can do"-attitude
- Good career and development opportunities
- A High-Tech company offering products within the expansive technological fields; assistant and autonomous driving
- An atmosphere that promotes innovation and being creative together
- Contribution to Trust in Mobility and Safety on the roads.
At Veoneer, diversity is an asset and a strength. We have opportunities for you who want to create, change and develop. We work to improve everyday life and make a difference together.
Please note, that we do not accept nor consider applications through e-mail, due to GDPR and company policy.
Employment conditions: Full-time employment
Starting date: By agreement
Contact information: if you have any questions regarding the position or recruitment process please contact:
Hiring manager, John Lang, firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Talent Acquisition Partner, Per Lind, email@example.com
Last day of application: 2022-10-09, continuous selection, position can be filled before last application date.
Union: We have Union agreement/Collective agreement with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen.
Veoneer is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. Veoneer is a Tier-1 hardware supplier and system integrator with products being part of more than 125 scheduled vehicle launches for 2022. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 6,100 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development.
We design, develop and manufacture state-of-the-art software, hardware and systems for occupant protection, advanced driving-assistance systems, and collaborative and automated driving to vehicle manufacturers globally.
Veoneer has been pointed out as a Career Company for several years in a row, and it's no coincidence. It is an exciting workplace where innovation is in focus. With unique career opportunities, Veoneer offers its employees the tools needed to gain cutting-edge knowledge. Veoneer also targets the younger talents with their good career opportunities.